In 1881, as the Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich still looked like a wide country road lined with trees, with the building of the first street-car lines, the Horse-tram (Rösslitram) , started in the Bahnhofstrasse.
During that time the bold minded goldsmith Emil Meister founded in Münsterhof 16 a shop for trading in jewellery and silverware. This flourished during four generations into a powerful company, represented today by two stores at top addresses in Zurich, now selling gold and diamond jewellery, watches, silver and crystal glass objects, porcelain and renowned top quality brands.
In its own exclusive workshops jewellery collections are created and high quality silverware, hand engravings are done and watchmakers are dedicated to the maintenance of modern and antique watches and clocks
The company has expanded in the period between 1950 and 1980, and then under Walter Meister the company went from strength to strength expanding its selection and its competences beyond that of his ancestors. He reinforced his commitment to top quality goldsmiths and was soon to obtain seven “Diamond International Award” for extraordinary high class jewellery and jewellery watches creations. Since 1968 MEISTER has been a member of the “Diamond International Academy».